MEDIA RELEASE: Wednesday 18 March 2020
PIA Update | COVID-19 | Our Commitment to you
At PIA, you are our priority
PIA is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our people, clients and local community. For over 15 years, the health and safety of our employees and customers has always been our priority.
We value our relationship with you and we want to reassure you that we remain open for business. On behalf of the team, I’d like to let you know what’s happening at PIA in light of the COVID-19 situation. In the future, our plans may need to change, but here’s what we’re doing right now...
Our front line staff including: sales, property management and leasing teams can operate onsite or remotely, serving your needs at all times.
- Our Executive Team have been working diligently to ensure we are well prepared and that our plans are flexible enough to respond as required. We meet regularly to reassess the situation and observe best practices.
All PIA systems and software are cloud based, available and accessible 24/7, from anywhere in the world.
- Our transactional and operational platforms were designed to deliver customer service. Your needs will continue to be met, and we have taken further precautions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, clients and visitors.
Minimising risk and maximising safety
In line with guidance from the Australian Government Department of Health, we’ve implemented measures across our business to reduce the risk to our people and clients.
- In January we implemented self isolation for 14 days for anyone returning from overseas, and requested staff to refrain from meeting with anyone who has returned from overseas during this period of time (for a 14 day period of isolation)
- In early February, we implemented remote working and encouraged our sales consultants to work remotely where appropriate, cancel any unnecessary travel plans and engage in virtual meetings and consultations instead.
- In early March, our offices are regularly disinfected, and our staff are actively engaging in social distancing and virtual meetings
NSW Health has provided a fact sheet: Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19.
Visitors to PIA
If you or any of your family or friends have been overseas recently, been in contact with anyone overseas lately or experiencing flu-like symptoms, we ask that you refrain from attending PIA offices, face-to-face open inspections and consultations for the immediate future.
We are encouraging people to work remotely and engage in virtual meetings, but where it is necessary for a client or business partner to visit, please observe the following:
- Upon arrival, please use the hand sanitiser provided and maintain 1.5m distance when greeting
- You are welcome to wear a face mask, many of our staff are currently taking this precaution
- Please cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Refrain from shaking hands or greeting others with a kiss
- We may limit the number of people in consultation/meeting rooms, employing social distancing techniques, therefore, please minimise the number of guests at any one time
Alternatively, if you wish to remain isolated, please speak to your friendly PIA staff member about a Video/Virtual meeting instead. There are a number of video conferencing tools that are available for PIA staff to employ - Google Hangout, Skype, Facebook Video Chat, Wechat Video Chat.
Our commitment to our customer relations remains unchanged. We are here to assist you, with any challenges experienced during this time. With more than 10,000 investors, 6500 landlords, 400 employees and staff, and 11,000 tenants throughout NSW, we are taking this issue seriously. We look forward to continuing to work with you in your property journey and your long term success.
PIA | Founder | Managing Director | CEO